Small, dark with a morbid sense of humour, I have a gleeful fascination with the darker aspects of the human condition. Seeing everything through the twisted myopic eyes of an eternal pessimist, able to laugh at the dichotomy that is life. Living confirmation that the Chinese curse:
‘may you live in interesting times’ – is truly a curse.
Writing children’s stories that out-grim the Grimm’s with blood, gore and the occasional dead fairy. Emotional, fiery and forever laughing at the shit that is perpetually, continuously, irrevocably hitting the fan.
Marching blindly to a different drummer, out of step, off beat and totally clueless. Stumbling into tomorrow, shackled to the demons of the past like a shambling zombie in a ‘B’ movie. Producing writing that is the result of a twisted kaleidoscope of fractured emotions and hysteria…. Come read me.
- Follow on WordPress.com
- Getting Over Yourself: Advice for Novelists
- Exhibitions featuring Petra’s work
- Free Editing Comes to AWP Writers Club!
- 16 Ideas of How to Promote Your Book Before and During Launch
- How to Find a Good Editor for Your Book
- Editing 101: The Price of Editing
- Finding Writing Fascination (and Inspiration!)
- Announcing A Writer’s Path Writers Club: Creating Benefits For Writers
- Pens Meeting Report 19 September 2017!
- How to Begin to Write Poetry
Go Straight to