Small, dark with a morbid sense of humour, I have a gleeful fascination with the darker aspects of the human condition. Seeing everything through the twisted myopic eyes of an eternal pessimist, able to laugh at the dichotomy that is life. Living confirmation that the Chinese curse:
‘may you live in interesting times’ – is truly a curse.
Writing children’s stories that out-grim the Grimm’s with blood, gore and the occasional dead fairy. Emotional, fiery and forever laughing at the shit that is perpetually, continuously, irrevocably hitting the fan.
Marching blindly to a different drummer, out of step, off beat and totally clueless. Stumbling into tomorrow, shackled to the demons of the past like a shambling zombie in a ‘B’ movie. Producing writing that is the result of a twisted kaleidoscope of fractured emotions and hysteria…. Come read me.
- Follow Pens of Erdington on WordPress.com
- New AWP Services Available!
- Do You Think Technology is Good for Writers?
- Less Than One Month Left For the Writing Contest!
- Using Mythology to Improve Your Writing
- How Every Writer Has Their Own Method
- Critiquing: Giving and Getting the Gold
- 9 Tips to Improve Your Writing
- How to Avoid Being too Wordy in Your Writing: Clause and Effect
- Who Else: Writing Secondary and Minor Characters
- How to Hold a Writers’ Retreat
Go Straight to