What an intimate and thrilling meeting this was today!
The Stars of the show today were the wonderfully creative written pieces of the members – as ever!
- We were taken to a dystopian underground world and the horrors of a tightly controlled and almost inhuman society. The medical twist was the connection to the author Val but a fascinating sidestep on her past writing. We look forward to more of this much longer work.
- Chaos on the Isle of Wight metered out by Hitler and Mother Terrassa plus Chairman the high-flying cat fell beautifully from the lips of their creator and manager, Elizabeth. This fascinating but completely mind-bending story might be drawing to a close but we look forward to the completed work in due course; please!
- A temptation towards a bit of ‘sauce’ whetted our appetites in Mike’s opening paragraphs of a long-awaited novel, further episodes might need a little censorship; or so we are led to believe but that won’t put us off we can assure him!
- A beautifully observed walk home by Shareen bought many reminiscences and other considerations to her mind, poignant and thought-provoking for all of us I think. Two short poems were also brilliantly crafted; thank you.
- Nori took us on the 16th century high seas with the beginning of tales of ‘daring do’, pirates and underhanded fighting and political intrigue. More to come we hope?
- Jude rounded off the session with sumptuous, sweet and sticky verses extolling the delights of a bowl of Eaton Mess, yum yum, clever and tantalisingly delicious.
Next meeting: 19th June. Subject: Summer (any format)