Hello to all Pens people, but not forgetting all other interested followers.
We would like to make a strong appeal for everyone who can make the next Pens meeting to do so as we have very important things to discuss about the immediate future of the group. This meeting will be on Tuesday 4th April at the usual time of 1.00 – 3.00pm in the Community Room at the Library of Erdington.
We will discuss not the loss of the group but ways to develop it in a positive way. As a group run by, and for the members, it is your ideas and decisions that will influence what happens in the future.
With the changes at the library being implemented at the beginning of April, we are currently taking the meetings almost week by week until a plan is in place. There are many questions that need to be asked so, if you can give some thought to them before the meeting it would be very helpful:
On the changes at the Library:
- Is Tuesday the best day to meet?
- Are the additional costs that we will have to pay OK or prohibitive? (min £2.00 per meeting)
- Is the library still the best place to hold our meetings?
- Are there alternative venues, if so where?
- How would you feel about holding the second meeting of the month in a different venue?
- Do you still want to have two meetings a month?
- Is the current time OK or could a different one work better?
While we are in a mode for discussion, on the meetings themselves:
- Is the format of the meetings what you want it to be?
- Are there other elements that you would like included?
- Are there things that you think are not beneficial?
- Are there any other questions that you think need to be asked?
We look forward to seeing as many of you that can make the meeting for the important discussions that we need to have to keep Pens the lively, friendly and creative group that it is.
If you are unable to make the meeting for any reason or are not a regular contributor, please feel free to comment on any of the issues via email or text or here as we need as wide a range of opinion as possible to deal with the issues in hand.
Jude and David